I recently submitted a few essays to the Equals Record — not only did they say they wanted to publish, but they asked me to guest edit a column for their online edition and it went live today. Check out a few of my favorite books and why I love them over here.
One of my goals for the year was to submit some of my writing to a new-to-me publication, and boy did I get lucky with the great people at the Equals Record. Now that I’ve checked that goal off of my list I’m not stopping short, but my creativity is churning and my ego is boosted enough to propel me through several more submissions. Three cheers for goals and the thrill that comes with accomplishment.
1) poring through new books, a few at a time.
2) making these pb cups, but with a few riffs on the original.
3) celebrating my sweet mama’s birthday from afar.
4) garnishing with gourmet sea salts, each with a unique flavor.
5) nurturing this little guy: a seven-year-old bonsai, a gift from Andrew.
* * * * *
I’m finding that podcasts — like these and these — serve as both great distractors and educators during free time on a long walk or a run. I’ve gotten a little addicted and I’ll listen to one every day if I can (which is good because it means I’m getting out for a walk every day).
Still obsessed with the “perfect” wardrobe, and this list of classics from Garance Dore is no exception.
Exploring this site.
And this one. (What wit! What style! I want to be India Hicks.)
Thinking about attending this Paleo event in Austin in March. Anyone else going?
Have a great weekend xo
1. getting back into the green smoothie habit.
2. marveling at the size of this calendar – it is hilariously big and I love it.
3. enjoying free sessions at a local yoga studio all this week.
4. embracing sunshine and this incredible Texas sunset after two consecutive days of rain.
5. looking forward to starting on my new stack of books – a Christmas gift from my uncle.
* * * * *
This weekend I’m hopefully going to get in a couple of long walks to stretch out my tired muscles. Yoga kicked my butt this week and it was great. We’ll probably try another brunch spot in keeping with last weekend’s outing, and then relax. What plans do you have for the weekend?